Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's been a while


Ginger Rogers

It's been a while since I've added a post and like a few others Ive not really felt like it, this past week has been testing on the spirit. After reading dandelions blog and seeing the most beautiful kiss, I thought, right lets do this..... So, last week I purchased a beautiful hand painted Edwardian mirror from a dealer in town and also came across some cigarette cards of movie stars, that took me back. When I was a little girl I loved seeing Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dance like it was easy and of course any movie with Marilyn was high on my agenda. My Nana worked at a movie theater in London where she collected postcards of stars from the 1930's and 1940's, I loved looking at them so much so it was a bit of a joke. On my 21ST birthday it was Nana's gift to me...... what an amazing present to get. There are over 80 true photos of movie stars from the times, I still love looking at the albums, so I have posted a few for your pleasure.

Simone Simon

Greta Garbo

Bette Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment